“Jacksonville Buzz” with Clark Hill and Southern Rukus Band

Each week on “Jacksonville Buzz,” our hosts sit down with some of the brightest and most entertaining guests you can find on the First Coast to discuss what’s buzzing in the Bold City. Today, Adrienne is joined with Ana Johnston. Together, they talk with Clark Hill and Southern Rukus Band.

Clark started playing music in a band in 2012. Since then, been blessed enough to to play in over 30 states and multiple countries including performing for the troops on an Armed Forces Entertainment Tour in Southwest Asia with a song that reached the Top 100.

To learn more, please visit https://clarkhillmusic.com.

What services does your company provide?: Concerts and Public Speaking

What makes your company unique?: Vulnerability. I try to relate to everyone I come into contact with on an emotional and spiritual level. It makes the shows more fun and more long lasting.

How do you define success?: I believe in effecting everyone for the better. Success can’t be defined by how someone views your past… but how they view your response to the past… success and failure … in the end I desire to be someone that has grown from my good and bad decisions and got better every single day.

What is a tip for success that you would provide someone in your same industry?: Be open minded for change… but stick with what you believe is right… Work every day and take no for a final answer… just as a chance to make changes.

What is your favorite type of event to be involved with and why?: I actually enjoy public speaking the most. It is extremely rewarding and gives me the chances to share my story and why I tick the way I do. People always ask why I am so passionate and those events give me the chance to explain a little of why.

How have you and your company handled the COVID-19 situation?: I just stuck to writing as much as I could. Getting some of the stories in my heart and out and on to the next 🙂

Tom was born and raised in Jacksonville, FL where he as been entertaining people with his distinctive vocal style for many years. Jessie was born in a little town just north of Memphis,TN on the Mississippi River; Luxora, AR. He began his love for music at the young age of 14 when his mother gave him a guitar and showed him three chords.

To learn more, visit https://www.southernrukus.net.

Short company description: Five piece band formed in 2004 filled with determination, love of country music and pride knowing we always make sure our fans have a great time.

What makes your company unique?: Country With A Twist

How do you define success?: The reaction of the crowds and growing fan base.

What is a tip for success that you would provide someone in your same industry?: Always continue to write songs if that’s your passion or practice, practice, practice if you are a musician.

What is your favorite type of event to be involved with and why?: Any type of live entertainment show. There’s nothing better than performing a song that touches the heart of each fan.

How have you and your company handled the COVID-19 situation?: It’s been tough but we’ve weathered it like everyone else by staying safe, social distancing, and mask when needed.