Business Name: Northeast Florida Healthy Start Coalition
First Name: Erin
Last Name: Addington
Address: 644 Cesery Blvd. Ste. 210
About Us : The Healthy Start Coalition leads the community effort to reduce infant death and improve the well-being of children, childbearing women, fathers and their families in Northeast Florida.
Every baby deserves a healthy start and for the last 25 years, moms, babies and families throughout Florida have received support and education to ensure that our most vulnerable citizens have the best possible start to life. The Coalition has served more than 200,000 families in Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau and St. Johns counties since its formation – through Healthy Start and a myriad of programs and initiatives developed based on the diverse needs of the community.
The Coalition carries out its mission by:
• Assessing maternal and child health status and available services to pinpoint needs and gaps;
• Planning and implementing a comprehensive, quality system of Healthy Start services, including
universal risk screening for pregnant women and newborns; prenatal and infant care; and care
coordination and related services for at-risk women and infants to improve their chances for a healthy
birth and development;
• Increasing community awareness of maternal and child health issues;
• Directing state and other resources to programs and services which address specific community
• Providing community oversight of Healthy Start services.
The organization’s commitment to collaboration and to addressing infant mortality within a broader
community context provides the foundation for its planning and program development efforts. The
Coalition’s work is centered around three key areas: saving babies, strengthening families and building