“5 Minutes with” with Anna Valent from Dreams Come True

Anna Valent
Director of Strategy and Development at Dreams Come True
Website Address: www.dreamscometrue.org

Each week on “5 Minutes With,” our hosts Bob Zinsser and Mike White talk with business experts and community leaders in Northeast Florida. This episode they sit down with Anna Valent from Dreams Come True.

To learn more, check out https://www.dreamscometrue.org.

Short company description:

We bring hope to joy to every first coast child with a life-threatening medical condition through the power of a dream. At Dreams Come True, we focus on more than the dream by supporting all the moments in between throughout their entire medical journey.

What are your company’s strengths?

We are the only locally based organization granting the dreams to kids who live in Northeast Florida or who are treated in our amazing medical facilities.

We provide thousands of Special Time moments including nights out for parents of special needs kids, holiday meals, birthday gifts, special events like concerts, sporting events, etc.

How did you get started in your field or work?

When I was in college, I did a lot of volunteer work and knew I wanted to be in a nonprofit organization delivering on the mission of the org.

What’s one thing we should know that makes your company unique?

Every single dollar donated to Dreams Come True stays right here to support the Dream of a local child.