“Caring for Seniors” with Michelle Begg from Caring Transitions

Each week on “Caring for Seniors,” our hosts sit down with those who are hard at work in the community, making sure our elders are properly cared for. This week, David Stieglitz and Adrienne Houghton talk to Michelle Begg from Caring Transitions.

Caring Transitions of First Coast is the Professional Solution for relocation services; specializing in senior move management, downsizing, decluttering and estate sales for both full and partial liquidations.

To learn more, visit https://www.oasisjax.com.

Short Company Description: We provide customizable transitions services for seniors and their families as they downsize from their homes to senior living communities. These services include downsizing, packing, moving, resettling, estate cleanout/liquidation and real estate.

Give a brief description on what you would like to discuss on the show.: The importance of having a comprehensive plan when transitioning from a home to senior living. How we work with senior living advisors on a smooth transition.

What makes your company unique?:
1. we can help with as little or as much of the transition as needed.
2. our employees are all criminally background checked, insured and bonded.
3. we have an integrated moving company with uniformed, background checked men.

How did you get your start in the industry?: My husband and I started Caring Transitions over 5 years ago after long corporate careers. We personally experienced the transition of my in-laws from their 30 acre farm to a smaller home and realized how much services like ours are needed.

How is your business handling the COVID situation?: From the beginning, we have implemented the same protocols as our senior living partners; employee vaccination and/or testing every 2 weeks, masks and other PPE is mandatory.

What advice would you give to someone just getting their start in the industry?: Really do your research of the industry by talking to other professionals.

What’s your favorite way to get involved in the community?: I am currently on the Board for the Mission House at Jax Beach and we are working on a local concert to raise funds to help eradicate homelessness in Jacksonville.