“Caring for Seniors” with Prachi Rathi from Prism Health Services

Each week on “Caring for Seniors,” our hosts sit down with those who are hard at work in the community, making sure our elders are properly cared for. This week, David Stieglitz and Adrienne Houghton talk to Prachi Rathi from Prism Health Services.

Prism Health Services, LLC provides consultation for appropriate medical equipment.

To learn more, visit https://oasisjax.com.

What makes your company unique?:
a.One Stop shop for Occupational Therapy consultation, Medical Equipment consultation for people of all ages and all stages
b.Better than catalog and / or online shopping.
c.Caregiver support
d.Qualified personnel and professionals.
e.Quality products – Always top-of-the-line products.
f. Goal: DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!
g. SAVE TIME, ENERGY AND MONEY!

How did you get your start in the industry?: Saw a dire need in the community for appropriate equipment guidance for seniors and the care providers / caregivers, Thus, gave up a very satisfying career as an Occupational Therapist to start PRISM HEALTH SERVICES, LLC.

How is your business handling the COVID situation?:
We have put checks and precautions in place very very early on.
1) Masks were mandatory for anyone inside the building
2) Equipment touched was immediately cleaned and disinfected. Staff oriented to new processes back in March 2020. It is a huge blessing to have a very compliant and conscientious staff.

What advice would you give to someone just getting their start in the industry?:
1) Have your heart in the profession of CARING!
2) “Wellness of People” before “Business”.
3) DEDICATION and READY FOR CHALLENGES…
4) Open to learning and adapting.

What’s your favorite way to get involved in the community?: Volunteering – I have done a lot of volunteering in the community, volunteering my time and knowledge to guide therapists, Case Managers, family members and seniors as needed and as appropriate to help them with the best solution for the challenge they are facing. I volunteer other places as well. It makes me sleep well, when I know, I have made a difference in someone’s life.